As a taxpaying American who has served with honor, I for one am happy the NY Times is printing the leaking leaks, leaked by the original leaker Private Manning - a government employee.
I think that man should get a raise, and be stationed in Hawaii.
He should also pose in fighter pilot uniform, standing on the aircraft carrier deck, holding his 'Mission Accomplished' sign.
Give that man a cigar!
Now, for all you who question my honor. I served 3 tours, have scars and medals which I never drag out to impress people, and I fought in a bogus war just like this current one. One thing is for sure, most of the modern-day rambo wannabees would have never survived a night in the bush. The man in black pajamas didn't plant IED's, he fought face to face, hand to hand, and he was brave -unlike most of these hit and run soldiers encountered today. In the end, our time there meant nothing, but plenty of people got rich while 50K+ brothers died, some never even coming home.
These leaks may save a soldiers life. If somehow it backfires, well, that's the chance you take when you serve. You gotta suck it up and realize war is about young men dying while old men gain more wealth.
If the Taliban or al Qaida invade and are attempting to overtake us, I'll show you youngsters how it's done. I'll be right there to protect the homeland, but I do not endorse sending boys to find some man in a cave any longer.
Right now there are Afghan men who are fighting solely because we've invaded their land and tried forcing our way of live down their throat. Been there, done that, I could have told you this outcome 9 years ago when we invaded for the purpose of seeking OBL.
I have deemed these leaks important because I feel the risk is worth the reward if it brings about a government which better serves the people.
In closing - am I the only one who feels the leak which revealed soldiers being buried in the wrong graves at Arlington -was probably one of the most important leaks to date?
Soldiers get treated like doo doo by the ungrateful master who sends them off to fight, yet so many boldly go, thinking they are somehow protecting their moms and dads. I confess, I was one of those who ran to the recruiter office and signed up.
No comments:
Post a Comment