Friday, February 18, 2011

Never fear" whale oil will soon be needed again to replace the outlawed petroleum supply. If Sea Sheppard was truly concerned, They would be using sailing ships? It's all about the tax free money from donations.I'll never understand and no one seems to ever make an honest attempt to answer: Why, if no endangered species are killed, and numbers are not taken that threaten the sustainability of a species, is it not okay for people to hunt and eat them, or more so why is it okay for us to dictate to anyone else what animals are acceptable to kill and which aren't under such criteria? If either of the above were violated then I think we should support actions to protect said creatures, but if certain species of whales are no longer endangered then I think us saying you can't kill or eat a whale is as ridiculous as if the Japanese tried to impose on us that we couldn't kill or eat a cow. I think it's offensive to dictate to other cultures in this way. If eating a dog is illegal in this country fine, but if we try to make the same thing illegal in Vietnam or China because it offends our own cultural sensitivities we have no @#$% business and no wonder people around the world resent us. I guess according to the logic of these groups it should be illegal to eat pork because it would offend Muslim and Jewish populations. Finally, on top of this, why is it okay for American Inuits, Iceland, Norway, etc. to kill whales and no one says or does anything, but not Japan? I don't think its fair to operate this way against one group but not others.

No comments:

Post a Comment